Thursday, April 9, 2015

Dinner Meeting

What I love about this group is that we meet in members homes.  We get to see how they live and who they are through their generous hospitality.  This is a great way of getting to know people, and it's the relationships and the fellowship with like minded people that I love so much.
 Last week we gathered at Marg's place "in the bush" for our Dinner Meeting.
It was an adventure getting there, but what a lovely setting to live and sew.
 Members had gathered during the month to put together these lovely quilts for Gandarra which is a hospice centre in our town.
 An exciting addition to our group was 3 bolts of batting that were purchased with club funds from Spotlight on SALE.  We will be using these for our charity quilts and also will offer it to members at $10 a metre.  I might just get some of my UFO's finished at this rate!
 We have our feelers out for new members, so if you love to quilt and live anywhere near Ballarat, leave us a comment and we'll be in touch.
 This is a suitcase full of "stash" ready for more charity quilts.  It has all been sorted into colours, ready to go.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I'm looking for a quilting group to join, I'll be coming to your exhibition next week, is there someone I should make enquires with regarding potential membership? Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete